While other companies base their inspection fees on the overall price of the home, Kustom Home Inspection bases their pricing on the age, size, and location of the home. We recognize teachers, healthcare, and public service professionals by offering a courtesy discount. Please visit the special offers page to learn more.
Our additional services offer you one-stop-shopping. Using the menu below, select the service you are considering to obtain more in-depth information.
|View A Sample Report that will be delivered to you within 24 hours of the inspection completion.|
|Full General Home Inspection|
|Wood Destroying Insect (WDI) Inspection|
|HD Infrared Thermal Imaging Inspection|
|Commercial Property Inspection|
Full General Home Inspection
|Take the ASHI Virtual Home Inspection Tour now to see and hear what a professional home inspection is all about. Learn about some common problems discovered during the home inspection as well. Click on the house on the left to begin your tour.|
A home inspection is an unbiased evaluation of your homes structural, mechanical, and physical components. Our primary concern is the safety of your family. Hidden issues can cost a new homeowner thousands and thousands of dollars. Most inspections will take anywhere from 2-2.5 hours (give or take 15 minutes) and afterward, we will provide you with an in-depth report of every portion of your home, along with digital photos taken during the inspection.
- PHYSICALLY walk the property and asses the foundation, grading, siding, walls, driveways, sidewalks and all general components.
- PHYSICALLY enter the attic and crawl space if safe and accessible to assess the insulation value, structure, ventilation and foundation of your home.
- PHYSICALLY open your fireplace, work the damper, and evaluate the interior fire box for deficiencies
- PHYSICALLY test a proportionate amount of electrical outlets in every room, and test GFCIs and smoke detectors for safety.
- PHYSICALLY operate every faucet and plumbing fixture in every bathroom, utility, kitchen and exterior of your home.
- PHYSICALLY operate the sump pump for assessment, unless the pit is dry.
- PHYSICALLY open a proportionate amount of windows in every room of the house.
- PHYSICALLY walk the roof of your new home, unless unsafe or inaccessible, to assess the condition, age, and functionality of the roofing material, gutters, downspouts, vents, chimneys and flashings present. If not able to access, inspector will evaluate with binoculars, from roof edge, and/or by close up photos.
- PHYSICALLY remove the furnace cover to assess the interior portion of the fire chamber, operate the furnace and air conditioner.
- PHYSICALLY remove the electrical panel box cover to assess the inner wiring for safety issues
- PHYSICALLY operate the garage door openers and assess the safety returns.
- PHYSICALLY operate all built in appliances, disposal, and run a full cycle on the dishwasher in the kitchen.
- PHYSICALLY INSTRUCT YOU on how to turn off your main water supply, main electrical supply, main gas supply, change the water temperature on the water heater, operate your furnace and change your filters.
- DELIVER a narrative report including digital photography, summary sections, and detailed recommendations for corrective actions needed within 24 hours of completion of inspection. See a Sample Report.
Wood Destroying Insect (WDI) Inspections
Kustom Home Inspection will evaluate the property’s interior & exterior, identify any signs of termite (or other wood destroying insect) activity as well as conditions conducive to termites or other infestations during a Wood Destroying Insect Inspection. The assessment includes physical and visual inspections, which usually includes inspecting, tapping and probing susceptible wood. At the conclusion of the inspection, you will be provided with an NPMA-33 (National Pest Management Association) which also satisfies VA loan requirements. To learn more, contact Kustom Home Inspection .
Commercial Property Inspections
Commercial inspections are completed for properties like apartment complexes, motels, office buildings, retail stores and warehouses. The inspection evaluates the major systems of the property and the visible structural components; it also catalogs the type and condition of HVAC equipment. The commercial inspection results are reported in a concise, computer-generated, comprehensive report of the building’s overall condition adhering to current ASHI (American Society of Home Inspectors) standards.
Certification Inspections are used for those times when you are in need of advice or guidance on a particular system of your home or property. For example, instead of the full home inspection, you may want someone to evaluate your electrical system, or the grading around your home. These inspections also include a report or letter and are often used for contractors or new build homes. For more information on certification inspections, please visit our Contact Us page.